Kindle freebie, Amazon reviews

download my book free
.Just a quick note today -- I'm running a freebie promotion on my little book on all the helpful uses of diatomaceous earth around the home . Saturday, 15 June through Sunday, 16 June, you can download the book for free!

Those who don't have a Kindle can purchase the paperback version, which is currently being offered at a 13% discount.

Anyone interested in having a "greener" home, using healthier products to get rid of bugs such as fleas, ants, even bedbugs, or just "getting back to nature" will enjoy this book. Think of it as my little gift to you. If you like your gift, please post an Amazon review saying what you like.

The Christus Experiment by Rod Bennett
If you'd like to know what I've been reading lately, you can take a look at my reviews on Amazon or on Goodreads. Among new works of fiction I've read lately, probably the most interesting book for readers of this blog is The Christus Experiment, by Rod Bennett, author of Four Witnesses: The Early Church in Her Own Words. The premise is fascinating -- what if you could go back in time, kidnap Jesus, and bring him into our own day? I got suckered in by the glowing praise by high-profile Catholics such as Mike Aquilina and Mark Shea, but I have to say that this "high concept" novel disappointed me. If you'd like to know why, read my Amazon review.

Right now, I'm reading mostly science fiction novels from the great writers of the '50s and '60s, some of whom I discussed recently on my science fiction blog. If you hop on over there, you can also read my latest post about the novel I'm writing and the series I'm planning. Catholic science fiction! Saints in outer space! What's not to like?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace and Purification in Flannery O'Connor's “Revelation”

Reading and the Moral Imagination: Plato and truth in fiction

The Story of the Flood in the Epic of Gilgamesh

Mystery, thrills and suspense from contemporary Catholic writers

Rerum Novarum in context

Moral Imagination: Beauty, Truth, and Goodness

Epic poetry and the moral imagination