A New Look & a New Reading Opportunity

The Lost Country journal, Fall 2013 edition
Welcome to the new and (I hope) improved look for this blog. Please look around and check things out -- let me know if anything is not working properly.

I've created the refurbished look in anticipation of returning to blogging on a more regular basis. Even though most of my writing for the past year or so has been work on the novel, not the blog, I've been reading lots of interesting things and hope to find time to write about them soon.

Meanwhile, I thought I would let you know about something else you might like to read -- the online edition of The Lost Country, a literary journal published twice yearly by The Exiles, a literary club founded by former students of the (now, sadly, defunct) College of Saint Thomas More in Fort Worth. I had an essay published in their debut issue a couple of years back (which I mentioned in an earlier post). The most recent edition also contains something of mine -- a translation of some short fables by Argentine writer Marco Denevi, from his collection El Emperador de la China y Otros Cuentos. I translated the entire book many years ago after taking part in the translation workshop at the University of Iowa, while I was a graduate student in the Comparative Literature program. That workshop has now grown into an MFA program in literary translation. If you'd like to read my translation of the mini-fables, go here.

And, by the way, they are currently soliciting submissions for their Fall 2014 edition -- short fiction, literary essays, poems, translations. The deadline is August 31.


©2014 Lisa A. Nicholas

Please leave your thoughts or comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace and Purification in Flannery O'Connor's “Revelation”

Reading and the Moral Imagination: Plato and truth in fiction

The Story of the Flood in the Epic of Gilgamesh

Mystery, thrills and suspense from contemporary Catholic writers

Rerum Novarum in context

Epic poetry and the moral imagination

Moral Imagination: Beauty, Truth, and Goodness