Toxic TV: From Vast Wasteland to Vast Cesspool

toxic TV
Here's the link to the blog post I tried to link to in my reply to Terry's comment on "Moral Imagination: Beauty, Truth, and Goodness" -- Catholic in Brooklyn: TV: From Vast Wasteland to Vast Cesspool. Thanks for writing this post, Catholic in Brooklyn! You've saved me a rant of my own.

For the record, I quit watching "television" three years ago; I now watch selected television shows available in streaming video via the internet, because I can choose only shows that I actually want to see (and see them whenever I like), I don't have commercial interruptions, and I can watch shows that haven't been on broadcast or cable TV for years. Plus, I get to watch some foreign shows that don't make it to American TV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace and Purification in Flannery O'Connor's “Revelation”

Reading and the Moral Imagination: Plato and truth in fiction

The Story of the Flood in the Epic of Gilgamesh

Mystery, thrills and suspense from contemporary Catholic writers

Rerum Novarum in context

Epic poetry and the moral imagination

Moral Imagination: Beauty, Truth, and Goodness